Chili Beef Express
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chili-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Cook's Tip: Recipe may be doubled; prepare in Dutch oven.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
Calories from Fat 106 (32%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.