Chicken Wings Gorgonzola
Creamy Gorgonzola dressing helps cool down the heat of the spicy chicken wings.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut into 2 pieces at joint, tips discarded
- 4 Tbs butter
- 4 Tbs hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 small bunch watercress, washed and trimmed for garnish
- Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In deep fryer or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil to 375° F, testing with kitchen thermometer. Pat wings dry and season with salt and pepper. Carefully lower wings into oil and fry, turn occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. To avoid overcrowding the skillet, fry wings in small batches. Remove wings with tongs and drain on paper towels. After draining, transfer wings to large bowl.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in hot pepper sauce and vinegar. Pour mixture over wings and toss to coat well. Arrange wings on serving platter, garnish with watercress and serve with Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing.
- Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing:In medium bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended. Serve with wings.
Calories from Fat 322 (67%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(61%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.