Chicken Pesto Pizza
Pesto replaces traditional tomato sauce in this chicken and artichoke heart pizza.
- 1 10-ounce package Italian flavored, fully cooked, carved chicken breast or other cooked chicken breast
- 1 12-inch, thin, pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 2.82-ounce jar pesto
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Grated fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread the pizza crust with the pesto. Sprinkle with chicken, artichoke hearts and grated cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Bake on a pizza stone or baking sheet for 8 - 10 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 125 (33%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.