Chicken Oriental Stir-Fry
Any combination of veggies works in this recipe; red pepper and/or carrots add great color.
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 16 oz boned and skinned chicken breasts, (2 halves), cut into 1/2-inch (1.5cm) cubes
- 1 Tbs ginger root, grated
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, (3 onions), chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- Sauce:1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl (boiling water, chicken bouillon granules, soy sauce, rice vinegar and cornstarch). Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, pour in sesame oil and heat. Add chicken cubes and grated ginger root, stir over high heat until chicken is opaque. Add celery and red pepper, cook 1 minute. Add green onions and spinach, followed by the sauce. Cook 1 or 2 minutes longer allowing sauce to bubble and thicken.
- Serve over hot rice.
Tip: To save time and keep fresh ginger root fresh, chop in food processor and freeze in small container.
Calories from Fat 104 (16%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 106g
(67%)Dietary Fiber 17g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.