This creamy pasta dish cooks up in a flash. Serve with salad and whole grain bread for a complete meal
- 8 oz linguine, uncooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, uncooked, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp basil, dried or 1 Tbsp (3g) chopped fresh
- 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 oz reduced fat Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling water until done.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet and add garlic and chicken. Cook chicken until pinkness is gone and chicken is opaque.
- Add red pepper and sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and basil, sautéing 1 minute.
- Stir in evaporated milk, green onions and cheeses. Cook until hot and bubbly. Pour over cooked, drained linguine and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 100 (25%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.