Bring the taste of New Orleans to your table with this nicely spiced chicken jambalaya recipe.
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup andouille sausage, chunked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp thyme, minced
- 1 tsp oregano, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can whole, peeled plum tomatoes, with juice
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- In a large saucepan, warm canola oil over medium heat. Add sausage; sauté until crispy on the edges, about 8 minutes. Stir in onion, celery, green pepper; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add chicken thighs and sauté until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Return heat to medium; stir in cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Continue sautéing about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce, chicken broth, scallions and rice. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to very low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 231 (41%)
(39%)Total Fat 26g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 65g
(33%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.