Madeleines, buttery French teacakes, are delightfully spongy and are traditionally baked in pans with cups shaped like elongated scallop shells.
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained, blotted dry, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F. Generously coat 2 madeleine pans with cooking spray; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- Beat eggs and sugar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until light and fluffy, 5–10 minutes. Beat in almond extract and vanilla.
- Fold in flour, 1/3 at a time. Fold in butter, 1/3 at a time. Fold in cherries. Spoon 2 Tbs batter into each madeleine cup.
- Bake in 375°F oven until cookies pull away from sides of cups and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 8–10 minutes. Loosen cookies with tip of knife if necessary. Remove from pans immediately; cool completely on wire racks.
- Dip rounded end of each madeleine into melted chocolate, if desired. Cool on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
Calories from Fat 40 (47%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.