Cheddar Apple Crisp
The combination of cheese and apples create a tempting dessert in this remarkably simple crisp.
- 4 cups apples (crisp and tart such as Braeburn), peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 plus 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed, divided
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine apples, lemon juice and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Arrange in buttered 8- or 9-inch square pan. Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; gently mix in cheese. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, garnish with shredded cheese.
Calories from Fat 150 (70%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(52%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.