Celebration Leg of Lamb
Garlic, soy sauce, ground ginger, and herbs contribute to the deep savory flavors of this crowd-pleasing leg of lamb.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 whole bay leaf, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 6 to 9 pounds American Lamb leg, bone-in
- In small bowl, mix together soy sauce, oil, garlic, pepper, ginger, bay leaf, thyme, sage and marjoram.
- Place lamb on rack in roasting pan. With sharp knife, make frequent slits in surface of lamb. Move knife from side to side to enlarge pockets. Rub herb mixture into each slit. Rub any remaining mixture over roast.
- Roast in 325° F oven for 20 to 25 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer registers 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium, or 170° F for well.
- Remove roast from oven, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Pan drippings can be used in gravy or skimmed and served au jus.
Calories from Fat 401 (64%)
(68%)Total Fat 44g
(110%)Saturated Fat 22g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.