Add some heat when the weather gets cold with the spicy zing of ginger!
- 3 cups fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin discs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Place ginger in the pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard the water (or reserve it for a hot toddy) and rinse ginger under cool water.
- Place two cups of water and two cups of sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Add ginger to the sugar water and simmer on low heat for 1 to 1 ˝ hours. Remove from heat and strain.
- Carefully move the ginger to a rack and sprinkle with sugar. Let them dry for 8 to 10 hours in a cool dry place, turning them halfway through.
- Store in a sealed container.
Calories from Fat 1 (1%)
(0%)Total Fat 0g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.