Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Barcelona Dill Marinade
Capers, pimento, and dill pay homage to the distinct flavors of the Mediterranean.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons white wine tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimento
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 pounds American Lamb leg, boned and butterflied
- In medium bowl, blend olive oil, water, vinegar, capers, onion, pimento, parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In 13 x 9-inch non-metallic dish, place lamb and pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate, marinating for 4 to 6 hours.
- To BroilBroil lamb 5 to 6 inches from heat, 35 to 45 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during broiling time.
- To GrillCook over medium-hot coals. Grill lamb 6 inches from coals for 40 to 50 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during grilling time. Check meat internal temperature: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium, or 170° F for well. Once meat is done cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees.
Calories from Fat 355 (59%)
(61%)Total Fat 39g
(74%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.