Hash browns for breakfast!
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 chopped tomato, optional
- Scrub potatoes well and chop into 1-inch (3cm) pieces. Boil potatoes for 5
minutes, until just tender and drain.
- Heat oil in a heavy, non-stick skillet. Add onions and cook for about 2
minutes, until they just start to turn brown. Add green peppers and mushrooms, and
continue to cook for a couple of minutes, stirring the pan occasionally.
- Add drained potatoes and
cook over medium heat until potatoes are crispy and brown. Sprinkle
with paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped tomato if desired
and stir to blend and warm the tomatoes.
- Serve with toast and fruit.
- Makes 4 servings.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 63 (30%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.