Bistro Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions
Sweet, caramelized onions are the perfect addition to this simple and easy potato salad.
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes
- Boiling, salted water
- 1 Tbs fresh, chopped dill leaves (or 1 tsp dried dill weed)
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs sugar
- Sauté onions in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and chill.
- Boil potatoes 20 to 35 minutes or until fork tender but not mushy. Drain and chill in covered container.
- Combine mayonnaise, dill leaves, mustard, lemon juice, and sugar. Slice chilled potatoes and brush a thin glaze of the dilled mayonnaise over tops.
- To arrange salad, spoon onions onto plate, spreading into a 10- to 12-inch round. Make overlapping circles of glazed sliced potatoes over onions.
- Spoon some of the dilled mayonnaise into center, and place remainder in a small bowl. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs or a few arugula leaves.
Calories from Fat 62 (33%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.