Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Blue Cheese Topping
Tangy blue cheese melts over succulent tenderloin for a simple, mouthwatering combination.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Topping2 Tbs cream cheese
- 4 tsp crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tsp plain yogurt
- 2 tsp minced onion
- dash ground white pepper
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl. Rub beef steaks with garlic.
- Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. One to two minutes before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
- Season with salt; sprinkle with parsley.
Variation: To grill, place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. One minute before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
Calories from Fat 16 (8%)
(2%)Total Fat 1g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.