Beef Steak with Brown Rice & Vegetables
Combine steak, veggies and rice for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup non-creamy Caesar dressing
- 2 Tbs non-creamy Caesar dressing
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 cups frozen vegetable mixture, such as baby green and yellow beans and carrots
- 2 Tbs shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut beef steak crosswise into four equal pieces. Place steaks and 1/3 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Season steaks with lemon pepper.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook about 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions, including salt but omitting butter. When adding rice to saucepan, stir in vegetables. When rice is done, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve with steaks. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Calories from Fat 168 (49%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.