Beef Brisket with Horseradish Sauce
This brisket may take some time, but the end result is a moist, flavorful meal to satisfy the entire family.
- 4 to 4- 1/2 lbs beef brisket, flat cut
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 Tbs prepared horseradish
- Heat oil over medium heat in stockpot until hot. Place brisket in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove brisket.
- Add onions to same pan. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Pour off drippings. Return brisket, fat side up, to stockpot. Add beef broth and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover tightly and simmer 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Remove brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until reduced by half; stir in horseradish.
- Carve brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with horseradish sauce.
Calories from Fat 56 (30%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.