Baked Italian Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef (90% to 95% lean)
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (14-1/2 ounces) pasta sauce, heated
- hot cooked pasta or crusty Italian rolls (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, water, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 12 two-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 400°F oven 17 to 19 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color.
- Serve with pasta sauce over hot cooked pasta or as sandwiches in crusty Italian rolls, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; a good source of fiber and vitamin B6.
Calories from Fat 103 (28%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.