Asian Salmon Steaks
- 3 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 Salmon steaks*, about 1 inch thick
- Minced cilantro for garnish
- Combine:The first 5 ingredients in a jar; cover and shake well. Place salmon steaks in a glass dish; spoon about 1 tablespoon marinade over each steak, reserving remaining marinade. Refrigerate 10 to 30 minutes.
- To Grill:Remove salmon from marinade. Place in well-oiled fish basket or directly onto well-oiled grill hot. Cook about 10 minutes, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade.
- To Broil:Remove salmon from marinade. Place salmon on a lightly greased broiler pan. Brush fish with some of the reserved marinade. Broil 10 minutes per inch thickness of fish, turning once and basting. Serve garnished with minced cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 29 (31%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.