Apple-icious Lamb Kabobs
Apple barbecue sauce surrounds these lamb kabobs with a nice blend of sweet and savory flavors.
- 2 pounds American Lamb, leg or shoulder, cut into 1-1/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large apple, cut into 12 wedges
- assorted vegetables: 1 large green or red bell pepper, 1 large onion, 1 small summer squash, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 8 twelve-inch bamboo skewers soaked in water
- Apple Barbeque Sauce1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 drops red pepper sauce
- Place lamb cubes in sealable plastic bag. Combine apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon pepper and ginger. Pour over lamb, turning to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours. Remove meat from marinade, discard marinade, and thread on skewers, alternating meat, apples and vegetables.
- To GrillCook over medium-hot coals. Grill lamb kabobs 4 inches from coals for 12 to 18 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn occasionally and brush with barbecue sauce while grilling.
- To BroilPlace lamb kabobs on broiler pan which has been lightly oiled or sprayed with nonstick coating. Broil lamb 4 inches from source of heat. Brush with barbecue sauce and turn kabobs occasionally while broiling. Continue to brush with barbecue sauce. Cook approximately 12 to 18 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Apple Barbeque SauceIn 1-quart saucepan, combine apple juice and onion and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in chili sauce, applesauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and red pepper sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Calories from Fat 60 (22%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.