Simple and dependable, this Wiener Schnitzel recipe gives a hearty taste of the old country.
- 1/2 lb veal leg cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness. Combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in shallow dish. Place bread crumbs and egg in separate dishes. Lightly coat cutlets with flour mixture. Dip into egg, draining slightly, then into bread crumbs, to coat both sides.
- Heat 1/2 of butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of cutlets; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Remove cutlets; keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and cutlets.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 182 (43%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(36%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.