For a great Mediterranean-style snack, halve, core, and smother baby cucumbers with this traditional Greek yogurt sauce.
- 3 baby cucumbers, peeled
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 16 oz tub of fat free greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a cheese grater, grate cucumbers. Place cucumbers in a fine metal strainer and press out the juices with a spoon. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine lemon juice and olive oil. Pulse ˝ cup of greek yogurt at a time to emulsify with the oil and lemon.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt-olive oil mixture with reserved grated cucumbers, minced garlic, and fresh mint. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours to allow the flavors to merge.
Calories from Fat 11 (23%)
(2%)Total Fat 1g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.