Trinidadian Summer Chicken
A pineapple-chicken salad topped with a tangy tropical dressing—a perfect salad to bring to work for lunch.
- Salad3 cups pre-cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 cucumber, minced
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, diced
- Dressing3 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves
- 2 Tbs orange zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In large bowl, toss together chicken, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, and pineapple.
- In bowl of food processor, place all ingredients for dressing; process until puréed.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss well. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until served.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 161 (47%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.