Thai Grilled Lamb and Asparagus Salad
Thai-inspired dressing and marinade add spice to this a refreshing lamb salad.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs lamb, top round
- For the Marinade:1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup red chili sauce
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, grated
- Salad:1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 pkg. rice noodles
- 6 leaves butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- Salad Dressing:2 limes, zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, chopped fine
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp red chili paste
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- For the LambBlend together the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Marinate lamb for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade. Salt and pepper lamb on all sides. Brown lamb on all sides over a pre-heated grill. Finish in a 400° F oven for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Let lamb rest for 10 minutes before slicing thin.
- For the Salad: Blanche the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender. Shock in a bowl of cold ice water to chill. Drain on paper towels. Cook rice noodles as directed on package. Rinse in cold water to chill. Toss with a few tablespoons peanut oil to keep from sticking.
- For the Dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to blend.
- To assemble, place 1 butter lettuce leaf on a plate. Add a small nest of noodles; top with purple cabbage and red bell pepper. Top with approximately 6 spears of asparagus. Add thinly sliced, room temperature lamb. Garnish with chopped peanuts and fresh mint. Drizzle with the dressing.
Calories from Fat 381 (48%)
(68%)Total Fat 44g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 13g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrate 78g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.