Tofu, an excellent source of protein, absorbs the Southwestern flavors in this easy vegetarian meal.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu, cut into 4-1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups yellow corn kernels, blanched
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 2 Tbs minced jalapenos
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- In a shallow mixing bowl combine 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, chili powder and garlic. Place tofu pieces in mixture, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining lime juice and olive oil with corn, pinto beans, olives, jalapenos, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cumin. Set aside. Season tofu with remaining salt and grill over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to serving plates and top with 4-5 ounces of corn salsa.
Calories from Fat 136 (39%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.