Taco Lamb Salad
A salad as creamy and crunchy as it is nutritious.
- 2 lbs cooked lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 head lettuce, leaves cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 15 1/2 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 1/2 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 med avocados, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 12 oz package tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1 8 oz bottle reduced calorie Russian dressing
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- In large salad bowl, combine cooked lamb, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, avocados, and taco seasoning.
- Add Russian dressing; toss. Add tortilla chips and mix well. Top with cheese and black olives.
Calories from Fat 158 (42%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(31%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.