This Middle Eastern treat makes a great side dish or even an appetizer when with pita bread and hummus.
- 3 cups flat-leaf parsley, about one bushel
- 1 Tbs fresh mint
- 3 Tbs green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs cooked bulgur wheat
- Juice of1 lemon
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Remove stems from parsley and mint. Rinse leaves in a colander. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In a food processor, pulse parsley and mint until finely chopped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add green onions, tomatoes, and bulgur wheat; stir to combine.
- Toss with lemon juice and olive oil. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve on its own or with pita bread
Calories from Fat 125 (71%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.