Strawberry Oatmeal Cookie Sundaes
These mouthwatering sundaes are sure to satisfy any craving for a sweet indulgence.
- For Sundaes:8 oatmeal cookies (recipe follows)
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed, sliced, and sweetened to taste with sugar
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- powdered sugar for garnish
- For Cookies:2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- Sundaes:Gently fold together the whipped cream and lemon curd. Place one cookie on each serving plate. Place some of the strawberries on each cookie. Top the berries with a scoop of ice cream, then a generous spoon of the lemon cream. Gently crumble one cookie over each ice cream scoop. Sift powdered sugar over the top of each and serve.
- Cookies:Place the oats on a cookie sheet and toast in a 300°F oven until lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. In an electric mixer, cream the butter with the vanilla, baking soda and salt until the butter is well softened. Add the sugars and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the nuts and mix briefly. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the oats and flour making sure ingredients are well-combined. Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and gently flatten them to about 1/2-inch thick disks. Place the rounds on a cookie sheet leaving enough space in between to allow them to spread during cooking.
- Bake the cookies at 350°F for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and still slightly soft in the center.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board
Shopping Tip: Lemon curd is available in the jams and jellies section of most grocery stores.
Note: Preparation time includes only making the sundaes.
Substitution Tip: Use your favorite oatmeal cookie recipe or pre-made cookies in place of the recipe here.
Calories from Fat 91 (25%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 69g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.