Strawberry Mango Hibiscus Fruit Leather
Place in the oven early in the morning and it will be done later that evening. Nonetheless, the majority of the work only takes about 30 minutes.
- 8 cups strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- ¼ cup hibiscus flowers
- In a large pot, combine strawberries and mango. Place over medium heat.
- Mash fruit until a liquid starts to form. Stir in Agave nectar.
- Place hibiscus flowers in a cheese cloth and tie to secure them. Place hibiscus pouch in the center of the pot and cover with fruit.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard hibiscus pouch and pour fruit into a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour and spread fruit puree over two parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 150° for 8 to 10 hours until leather peels away from parchment paper.
- Cut fruit leather into strips and roll up between pieces of wax paper.
- Store in an air tight container in a dark place for up to two weeks. Fruit leather can also be frozen.
Calories from Fat 5 (6%)
(1%)Total Fat 1g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.