Strawberry and Brie Bruschetta
Sweet and savory, cheesy and crunchy, this bruschetta is a sure crowd pleaser!
- 12 slices French bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 slices (about 12 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs (about 4 to 5 cups) sliced stemmed strawberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; arrange, butter side up, on large baking sheet. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each slice of bread. Reserve remaining sugar mixture.
- Toast bread in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Top each with 1 slice cheese; return to oven. Bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine strawberries, vanilla and remaining sugar mixture; toss lightly. Place two bruschetta on each serving plate.
- Spoon 1/3 cup strawberry mixture over each; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Cooking Tip: To toast almonds, spread in even layer on baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice for even browning.
Calories from Fat 309 (60%)
(54%)Total Fat 35g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.