Spicy Thai Beef Salad
A fiery salad that combines many wonderful Thai flavors in one crunchy dish.
- Salad:1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbs freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- Dressing:1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs fish sauce, bottled
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, or red Thai pepper, seeded and minced
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Prepare dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Salt and pepper both sides of steak. Place steak on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with vegetable oil spray. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Cut each slice into 2-inch pieces.
- Prepare salad mixture (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes green onion and mint leaves).
- Combine salad mixture, steak and dressing in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
Note: Look for fish sauce in the Asian section of the supermarket.
Calories from Fat 115 (45%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.