Spicy Fish Tacos with Pear Mango Salsa
Experiment with a variety of fish fillets, such as tilapia or tuna.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 6 (4 oz each) fish fillets, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2/3 cup pears, cored, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup mango, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red grapes, sliced
- 1 Tbs red onion, minced
- 1 Tbs jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Place fish in single layer in 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Pour oil and lime juice mixture over fish and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes with fork.
- Mix pear, mango, grapes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and salt in small bowl.
- Serve fish and salsa on warm tortillas.
Calories from Fat 130 (33%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.