Southwestern Pan-Seared Corn
Sautéed corn and peppers make a quick side dish with robust Southwestern flavor.
- 2/3 cups red bell peppers, diced
- 2 2/3 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup poblano peppers, diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 2/3 cup olives, sliced
- 3 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add corn just before oil begins to smoke and sauté for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Place corn in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Pour bell peppers, onions and poblanos into sauté pan and cook for 5 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally. Add cumin and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn heat down to low, stir in remaining ingredients and toss with corn.
Calories from Fat 59 (34%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.