Southwestern Grilled Chicken Wings with Black Bean Dip
Hot pepper sauce and cumin are the secret to these spicy chicken wings.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 2 Tbs hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- Black Bean Dip1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa verde
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill, or preheat broiler.
- While grill is heating, prepare Black Bean Dip by placing beans, salsa verde, sour cream, 1 tablespoon limejuice, 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro and salt in blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place chicken wings on grill and cook over low heat, turning, until cooked through, about 10- 12 minutes per side. Place wings in bowl and coat with melted butter. Add hot sauce, cumin, cilantro and limejuice. Toss well to coat.
- Serve wings with Black Bean Dip.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 72 (63%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.