Southwest Marinated Beef Steak with Grilled Peppers
Italian dressing, lime juice, honey, and cumin make a quick marinade for beef flank steak.
- 1 beef flank steak or top round steak cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 red, yellow or green bell peppers, quartered
- Marinade:1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Brush bell peppers with some of remaining marinade. Place steak and peppers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill flank steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness (top round steak 16 to 18 minutes for medium rare), turning occasionally. Grill peppers 12 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Brush steak and peppers occasionally with remaining marinade; do not brush during last 5 minutes.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt. Serve with peppers.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 125 (51%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.