Smoky Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Prepare for an extraordinary barbecue experience—a leg of lamb that's so simple to prepare, yet so satisfying to serve.
- 5 lb butterflied lamb leg, trimmed
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 Tbs paprika
- 1 Tbs coriander, ground
- 1 Tbs cumin, ground
- Salt and pepper to tase
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs ketchup
- In a large bowl, whisk together chili powder, paprika, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add lamb and coat with the spices.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Grill lamb over glowing coals (or a hot gas grill), or sear in an oiled grill pan over high heat, until lamb is charred, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix honey and ketchup.
- Turn lamb over; brush grilled side with honey glaze.
- Continue to grill until medium-rare (130ºF), 8 to 10 minutes longer. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice lamb crosswise; serve with coleslaw.
Calories from Fat 96 (30%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.