Saucy Linguine Scramble
Taco sauce adds a surprising amount of zesty appeal to this vegetable-filled linguine and eggs dish.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs finely chopped sundried tomatoes, optional
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 cups cooked linguine, hot
- 2 small plum tomatoes, quartered, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, quartered, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Beat eggs, milk, taco sauce, cheese, dried tomatoes (if desired), basil, salt, and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Pour over cooked linguine in large nonstick skillet; mix well. Cook over medium heat, tossing gently, until eggs begin to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add plum tomatoes, zucchini, and olives; continue cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist, about 3 minutes.
Calories from Fat 126 (32%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.