International Fish Cookery
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets, skinned
- coarse rock salt
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- juice of 6 limes, about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- salad greens or avocado halves
- Lay the salmon in a ceramic or glass dish on a bed of rock salt. Cover with more rock salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Drain and rinse off the salt. Dice the fish.
- Combine with the tomatoes and onions in a bowl. Pour lime juice over and season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix well and chill for 4-6 hours or overnight before serving on salad greens or avocado.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 111 (48%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.