Roast Beef and Barbecue Onion Sandwich
Make leftover roast beef shine—layer it on a roll with barbecue sauce-laden onions and fresh veggies.
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 3 Tbs barbecue sauce
- 3/4 lb cooked beef, thinly sliced
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 whole grain hamburger buns, split
- Place onion slices in 2-quart, microwave-safe casserole.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes or until onions are soft, stirring half-way through cooking time.
- Stir in barbecue sauce; set aside.
- Meanwhile layer equal amounts of beef, lettuce, tomato, and avocado on bottom half of each bun. Top with onion relish.
Calories from Fat 126 (41%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.