Rack of Lamb with Festive Sauce
Minted tomato sauce and fresh pesto dress up this roasted rack of lamb.
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs minced fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 American lamb racks, frenched
- Minted Tomato Sauce1 clove garlic, crushed with a little salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 to 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, crushed
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs chopped mint
- Combine mustard, vinegar, oil, rosemary, garlic and salt. Place the lamb in a roasting or sheet pan with the ribs curving down; coat the tops with the mustard mixture. Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Roast the lamb at 450°F for 20 minutes.
- While lamb roasts, prepare Minted Tomato Sauce. In a food processor, combine garlic, water, oil, oregano, vinegar, tomatoes, lemon juice and mint; blend for 1 minute.
- Remove lamb from oven; cover with aluminum foil. Allow to sit for 15 minutes. Cut into individual ribs; serve with Minted Tomato Sauce.
Calories from Fat 321 (56%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(55%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.