Quick Italian Beef & Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 cup sliced (1/4-inch thick) carrots
- 1 can (15 to 19 ounces) cannellini (white kidney) or Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half and crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves, lightly packed
- Heat Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and garlic; brown 4 to 5 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Season beef with pepper and salt.
- Stir broth, tomatoes and carrots into beef. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in beans and zucchini; continue to cook 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Garnish as desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 233 (31%)
(39%)Total Fat 25g
(50%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 81g
(81%)Dietary Fiber 20g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.