Puerto Vallarta Fish Stew
The mild flavor of snapper is enhanced by savory ingredients in this simple fish stew.
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (1/4-inch)
- 2 cups diced zucchini (1/4-inch)
- 2 Tbs minced fresh jalapenos
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless snapper fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- Heat oil in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add yellow onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in zucchini, jalapenos and garlic and continue cooking for 2 more minutes until lightly browned. Pour in fish stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add snapper, cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in olives, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt. Serve hot.
Calories from Fat 13 (5%)
(2%)Total Fat 1g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.