Provençal Grilled Tuna Salad
White wine marinade helps celebrate the great taste of the grilled tuna steaks while fresh rosemary imparts an earthy flavor.
- 4 (5 to 6 oz.) tuna steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons white wine or broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups packed torn salad greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- vegetable cooking spray
- Measure thickness of fish to determine cooking time; place in a glass dish.
- To make vinaigrette, combine wine and next 5 ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well.
- Pour 2 tablespoons over fish, add garlic and turn to coat. Marinate 15 to 30 minutes, turning once. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for salad dressing.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray and place on grill to heat 1 minute. Place tuna on grill 4 to 6 inches over hot coals. Cover with lid or tent with foil. Cook, turning once, just until tuna begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, about 7 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, arrange salad greens on 4 plates. Place hot tuna on greens and add cherry tomatoes. Shake remaining vinaigrette and drizzle over salads.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 107 (37%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.