Pineapple Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
The scents of pineapple and ginger will sweep over you like a tropical island breeze.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 Tbs molasses
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 scallions, cut lengthwise into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- In a nonstick wok or large fry pan over high heat, warm oil. Add chicken and sauté until firm and well-browned, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Add pineapple and molasses to wok and stir-fry until the pineapple is brown and tender. Stir in the lime juice, red pepper flakes, scallions and chicken. Sauté until scallions are bright green and the chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Toss in ginger and serve over rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 41 (6%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 147g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.