Petite Rolls with Lamb, Mushrooms and Red Onions
These small and zesty lamb sandwiches are perfect for casual entertaining.
- 1 lamb top round (1 to 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup prepared balsamic dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 24 medium Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 48 thin roasted red bell pepper strips, 2 inches long
- 24 petite rolls, sliced
- 24 frill picks
- Trim all visible fat off lamb. Place in a sealable bag. In bowl, blend dressing, mustard and pepper. Pour into bag; seal and rotate meat to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate. Remove lamb from marinade and discard marinade. Place lamb on roasting rack in pan. Roast in 325°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice, cover and refrigerate.
- Place mushrooms on rimmed cookie sheet. In small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil and vinegar. Brush all sides and centers of mushrooms with mixture. Bake in 375°F oven for 15 minutes. Remove and cool.
- In large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion made into rings and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly browned. Cool and set aside.
- Place a mushroom on base of roll and lay on two bell pepper strips. Top with sliced lamb and a few onion rings. Secure top of bun to sandwich with frilly pick.
Calories from Fat 63 (39%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.