Penne with Chicken and Artichokes
An easy to prepare one dish pasta meal with chicken, broccoli, and artichoke hearts, well liked by all age groups.
- 12 oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, or more to taste, minced
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, uncooked, cut up in 1-inch (2cm) pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, frozen
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic and onions for one minute.
- Add the cut up chicken pieces and cook until the chicken is done. Add broccoli, artichoke hearts, chicken broth and tabasco sauce.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer cooked pasta into skillet and toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and serve, straight from the pan.
Calories from Fat 82 (18%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 50g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.