Pear, Gorgonzola, and Walnut Pizza
Pears and cheese are a dynamic duo, and this delectable pizza proves that point. Use pre-baked pizza crusts and this crowd pleaser is ready in a snap.
- 1 Bosc or Red Anjou pear
- 2 pre-baked pizza crusts, 8-inch
- 2/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, diced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves, fresh, removed from stem
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice pear stem side up into 12 quarter-inch width vertical planks. Cut planks in half lengthwise for a total of 24 pear slices.
- Place pizza crusts on foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons walnuts over each crust. Place 12 pear slices on top of cheese mixture, on each pizza. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until cheese is melted and pears are soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with thyme. Cut each pizza into 6 slices and serve.
Calories from Fat 126 (15%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 145g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.