Pear Chicken Curry
Ripe pears provide sweet and tangy flavor to this easy-to-make curry that's scented with a variety of warming spices. Try it over Basmati rice.
- 2 ripe pears, divided
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 3 chicken breasts, halves, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 can light coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Peel and core 1 pear; puree and set aside.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, curry powder, garlic, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are transparent.
- Add chicken, and continue to sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add pureed pear, coconut milk and raisins. Simmer for 5 minutes. Core and cut remaining pear into 1/2-inch cubes and add to curry. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Calories from Fat 37 (32%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.