Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
An old favorite with more nutrition power (higher in fiber and protein, lower in fat) than other cookies.
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, natural
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups oatmeal, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Cream together margarine, peanut butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat well. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix together. Stir in oatmeal.
- Prepare baking sheets with vegetable oil spray. Using a spoon, place 1-inch (3cm) spoonfuls of dough about 2 inches (5cm) apart on baking sheets. Bake for 10–15 minutes until cookies are firm. When done, remove cookies with a spatula and place on a cooling rack or paper towels.
Calories from Fat 41 (34%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.