Pasta with Olives and Feta
Kalamata olives—rich and fruity olives imported from Greece—make this Mediterranean-style recipe truly special. Great as a side dish or the main event. Penne or rigatoni pasta also work well in this dish.
- 8 oz bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups red peppers, cut into stips
- 1/4 cup water, (or stock)
- 10 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz feta cheese*, crumbled (1 cup)
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and sauté until tender. Add garlic and stir in peppers. Cook for 2 minutes, then add water and cover, simmering until peppers are tender. Stir in olives, oregano, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.
- Drain pasta and add to pepper mixture. Add feta cheese and toss well.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 66 (27%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.