Panko Crusted Chicken Salad with Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing
Sweet pomegranate dressing and caramelized stone fruits bring a bit of elegance to the breaded chicken breasts.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 Tbs water
- 3 cups panko
- 4 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Caramelized Fruit (recipe follows):2 firm plums
- 2 firm peaches
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing (recipe follows):3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs honey
- 3 Tbs orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place chicken between 2 sheets plastic wrap and pound to ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper.
- In deep dish, place eggs and stir in water. In another dish, place panko. Dredge each chicken breast in egg wash, let excess drip off and then place in panko. Coat both sides of chicken with panko and press so panko adheres.
- In sauté pan over medium high heat, place butter and olive oil. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning once. Chicken should register 165° F on an instant read thermometer. Remove chicken from pan and cut into slices.
- On each of 4 serving plates, place arugula and top with chicken. Add caramelized fruit and feta. Drizzle with pomegranate balsamic dressing.
- Caramelized Fruit:Cut 2 firm plums and 2 firm peaches into halves to remove pits. (If fresh fruit is unavailable, frozen may be used.) Cut pitted fruit into 6 wedges.
- In saucepan over medium heat, place 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add fruit and cook 4 minutes on each side, just until fruit starts to turn brown and caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing:In small saucepan over medium heat, place ¾ cup pomegranate juice and ¼ cup balsamic vinegar. Cook about 20 minutes, stirring often, until syrupy. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and 3 tablespoons orange juice and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in ½ cup olive oil.
Calories from Fat 536 (65%)
(93%)Total Fat 61g
(86%)Saturated Fat 17g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 34g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.